1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
Red food coloring
Yellow food coloring
Green food coloring
Blue food coloring
Purple food coloring
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. heavy cream
Gold sanding sugar, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, prepare cake batter according to package directions. Divide batter between 5 bowls.
- Using food coloring, dye each bowl of batter a different color, being sure to stir well.
- Pour red batter into bottom of greased bundt pan, then carefully pour yellow batter on top, trying to create an even layer and not mix together the batters. Repeat with green, blue and then purple.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then carefully invert cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and heavy cream until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake, then sprinkle with gold sanding sugar.